Professional Burnout, Stress, & Vicarious Trauma. The differences matter.
We specialize in the treatment and prevention of burnout in different categories of business:
Social workers and therapists
Helping professionals in managed care environments.
Attorneys and advocates working with traumatized populations
Teachers and educators
Entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Individuals in high-stakes work environments.
Ongoing Art Therapy Group: Preventing Burnout for Helping Professionals
For more information about offering a workshop or training at your agency e-mail us.
Reduce the impact of secondary and vicarious trauma in one of our supportive art therapy groups or trainings. Content includes psycho-educational information on the symptoms of traumatic stress and concrete solutions, based on current literature, to resolving it. Designed for social workers, creative arts therapists, case workers, child life specialists, special ed teachers, and other helping professionals working with challenging clients. Workers in helping professions are often under-appreciated, over-burdened and expected to be empathetic at all costs: laying the groundwork for burnout and compassion fatigue. Our workshops and ongoing groups incorporate creative expression and discussion to repair the effects of secondary trauma in a supportive group environment.
- learn to recognize symptoms of compassion fatigue
- identify ways in which your client relationships impact your personal life
- regain control over life and work situations that feel out of control
- hear from others who know what it’s like
Previous and current clients include:
• Yale-New Haven Hospital Child Life Department
• The Innocence Project intake team
• CityBlock medical services
• Harlem Children's Zone
• Brooklyn Mental Health Court social work team
• KIND supportkind.org
• Catholic Migration Services
• Harlem Children’s Zone Prevention, Counseling and Education staff
• The Legal Aid Society - Juvenile Rights Practice Social Work Department
• Weill-Cornell Children’s Hospital Nursing Dept
NYS CEU Credits available for mental health practioners
New York Creative Arts Therapists PLLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider
of continuing education for licensed social workers #0275, and is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health
Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed creative arts therapists #CAT-0026 and licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0065. New York Creative Arts Therapists PLLC may offer NYSED approved clock hours for events or educational programs that have been approved by the department. Sessions for which NYSED-approved clock hours will be awarded are identified on our website
Drena Fagen, LCSW, LCAT, ATR-BC