Professional Burnout, Stress, & Vicarious Trauma. The differences matter.
We specialize in the treatment and prevention of burnout in different categories of business:
- Social workers and therapists
- Helping professionals in managed care environments.
- Teachers in charter schools.
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- Individuals in high-stakes work environments.
Ongoing Art Therapy Group: Preventing Burnout for Helping Professionals
BROOKLYN - Thursday evening groups meet bi-weekly from 7:00 - 8:15pm $35/session. Groups are full, but we have a waiting list. For more information or to reserve a space e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* NEW * COLD SPRING (Hudson Valley) - Tuesday evening groups meet bi-weekly from 6:00 - 7-30pm $35/session. Accepting members for June 2019 start date. For more information or to reserve a space e-mail email@example.com.
Reduce the impact of secondary and vicarious trauma in one of our supportive art therapy groups or trainings. Content includes psycho-educational information on the symptoms of traumatic stress and concrete solutions, based on current literature, to resolving it. Designed for social workers, creative arts therapists, case workers, child life specialists, special ed teachers, and other helping professionals working with challenging clients. Workers in helping professions are often under-appreciated, over-burdened and expected to be empathetic at all costs: laying the groundwork for burnout and compassion fatigue. Our workshops and ongoing groups incorporate creative expression and discussion to repair the effects of secondary trauma in a supportive group environment.
- learn to recognize symptoms of compassion fatigue
- identify ways in which your client relationships impact your personal life
- regain control over life and work situations that feel out of control
- hear from others who know what it’s like
Workshops and trainings at your agency.
New York Creative Arts Therapists PLLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider
of continuing education for licensed social workers #0275, and is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health
Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed creative arts therapists #CAT-0026 and licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0065. New York Creative Arts Therapists PLLC may offer NYSED approved clock hours for events or educational programs that have been approved by the department. Sessions for which NYSED-approved clock hours will be awarded are identified on our website
Drena Fagen, LCSW, LCAT, ATR-BC