Professional Burnout, Stress, & Vicarious Trauma. The differences matter.
We specialize in the treatment and prevention of burnout in different categories of business:
- Social workers and therapists
- Helping professionals in managed care environments.
- Teachers in charter schools.
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- Individuals in high-stakes work environments.
Ongoing Saturday Art Therapy Group
Preventing Burnout for Helping Professionals
Reduce the impact of secondary and vicarious trauma in one of our supportive art therapy groups or trainings. Content includes psycho-educational information on the symptoms of traumatic stress and concrete solutions, based on current literature, to resolving it. Designed for social workers, creative arts therapists, case workers, child life specialists, special ed teachers, and other helping professionals working with challenging clients. Workers in helping professions are often under-appreciated, over-burdened and expected to be empathetic at all costs: laying the groundwork for burnout and compassion fatigue. Our workshops and ongoing groups incorporate creative expression and discussion to repair the effects of secondary trauma in a supportive group environment.
- learn to recognize symptoms of compassion fatigue
- identify ways in which your client relationships impact your personal life
- regain control over life and work situations that feel out of control
- hear from others who know what it’s like
Workshops and trainings at your agency.
For more information about offering a workshop or training at your agency contact us at email@example.com. New York Creative Arts Therapists PLLC is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC - approved clock hours for events at your agency that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP (NY Creative Arts Therapists) is solely responsible for all aspects of any programs offered. Learn more about at nbcc.org.
Drena Fagen, LCSW, LCAT, ATR-BC