Parenting Tune-Up! Banish the bad behavior — yours and your kids'.
Parenting Tune-Up! 6 week session
Tuesdays 7:15-8:45 pm
For parents of children ages 4-11 years old
Fee: $300/person or co-parenting couple
Are you parenting as effectively as you know you can?
- Do you know what to do but you don’t actually do it?
- Are you giving too much negative attention to your child?
- Is your family stressed and burned out?
- Are you facing learning or behavior challenges with your child that make you feel alone?
Life gets busy and it’s easy to stop doing the work of being the good parents we know we can be. This group will reinforce good habits by reminding you to stay aligned with your own parenting philosophy. Research suggests that the key to a more disciplined and happy child is to focus on the parent-child connection. This supportive and didactic workshop will teach the basics of play therapy and parent-child therapies to fine-tune your interactions with your child. During the workshop you will practice skills using role play and creative arts projects that can be applied immediately to enhancing connectedness with your child, helping to build your child’s resilience, and increasing your effectiveness with discipline and limit setting. The group format is designed for collaboration and support.
Parents from the June 2015 workshop say: "Nadia as a facilitator was amazing!" "The art exercises were so helpful for introspection." "We saw improvements in a very short time."
In addition to meeting other parents who share your struggles, you will learn:
• How to understand your child’s play as a “language”
• How to engage with your child to build a stronger connection when behavioral challenges may have weakened your bond and mutual enjoyment.
• How to manage your emotional responses and improve your effectiveness
• Different parenting philosophies and discipline techniques that may fit with your family’s values and style.
-Medicaid (ONLY if affiliated with one of the plans above. We cannot accept straight Medicaid.).
If you have a different insurance carrier (i.e. Aetna, United Healthcare, BCBS) with a PPO plan supporting out-of-network benefits, you are eligible for reimbursement after your deductible has been met. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm insurance before registration. Or visit our INSURANCE FAQS page.