Parenting Tune-Up! Banish the bad behavior — yours and your kids'.
Now offered in Cold Spring, NY
Parenting Tune-Up! 6 week session
Reduce stress at home with this didactic, practical, and thought-provoking group. The group format is designed for collaboration and support.
Wednesdays 6:30-8:00 pm
Next class begins November 13, 2019
Location: Create Community, 11 Peekskill Road, Cold Spring, NY
For parents of children ages 4-12 years old
Fee: $400/co-parenting couple or $320 for one parent.
Some health insurance plans may be used to attend this class.
Please email to verify if we can accept your insurance.
If only one parent will be attending, pay here.
Are you parenting as effectively as you know you can?
- Do you know what to do but you don’t actually do it?
- Are you giving too much negative attention to your child?
- Is your family stressed and burned out?
- Are you facing learning or behavior challenges with your child that make you feel alone?
Life gets busy and it’s easy to stop doing the work of being the good parents we know we can be. This group will reinforce good habits by reminding you to stay aligned with your own parenting philosophy. Research suggests that the key to a more disciplined and happy child is to focus on the parent-child connection. This supportive and didactic workshop will teach the basics of play therapy and parent-child therapies to fine-tune your interactions with your child. During the workshop you will practice skills using role play and creative arts projects that can be applied immediately to enhancing connectedness with your child, helping to build your child’s resilience, and increasing your effectiveness with discipline and limit setting. The group format is designed for collaboration and support.
In addition to meeting other parents who share your struggles, you will learn:
• How to understand your child’s play as a “language”
• How to engage with your child to build a stronger connection when behavioral challenges may have weakened your bond and mutual enjoyment.
• How to manage your emotional responses and improve your effectiveness
• Different parenting philosophies and discipline techniques that may fit with your family’s values and style.
Class taught by: Katie MacIntyre, MA, LCAT
Read what other satisfied parents have to say about our tune-up groups:
"The art exercises were so helpful for introspection."
"We saw improvements in a very short time."
-Medicaid (ONLY if affiliated with one of the plans above. We cannot accept straight Medicaid.).
If you have a different insurance carrier (i.e. Aetna, United Healthcare, GHI, BCBS) with a PPO plan supporting out-of-network benefits, you are eligible for reimbursement after your deductible has been met. Please contact us at email@example.com to confirm insurance before registration. Or visit our INSURANCE FAQS page.