Creative Arts Therapy Groups online
FREE GROUPS begin June 9th.
Project Home: Drama Therapy for Adults - FREE GROUP
This drama therapy group will invite participants to get creative with items found in their homes to explore memories, emotions, and relationships. .
Creative Arts Therapy for Teen Girls
$25 session (5 session commitment)
Use your insurance for this group
Build an online community with other teen girls through the creative arts.
Professional Burnout Prevention Group - Bi-weekly, ongoing
Use the art supplies or found items in your own home to join other helping professionals in a supportive, safe space for exploring creative self-expression. REGISTER HERE
Parenting Tune-Up! Six week workshop. - CURRENTLY FULL
Email to join waitlist.
Use your insurance for this group
Fine-tune your parenting skills and reduce family burnout during Covid-19 and beyond with this supportive and didactic group that will help you tap into proven strategies from play therapy and Parent-Child therapies. (For parents only)
Professional Trainings for Therapists
New York Creative Arts Therapists, PLLC, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed Social Workers, Creative Arts Therapists, and Mental Health Counselors We are also an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events (or programs) that meet NBCC requirements. Sessions (or programs) for which NBCC-approved clock hours will be awarded are identified on our website. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. Learn more about at nbcc.org
To learn more about offering an custom training or workshop at your agency please contact us by e-mail.
What makes our professional trainings different?
We combine hands-on creative activities with best-practice therapy techniques to enhance learning and treatment. In other words: we make it fun, informative, and maybe even self-revelatory.
- We provide practical information that you can immediately use in your clinical practice.
- Interactive, creative learning approach.
- Lots of nuts and bolts information without any dry boring lectures.
- Small group format (max of 8-10 participants)
- Expert presenters from different practice models.
- CE credits. All the hours count. No filler.
We are always looking for new ideas:
We have the resources and the motivation to add new workshops. If there is something you'd like to learn more about, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll listen. And if our therapists aren't experts on the topic, we'll find someone who is and make it happen.
Typical workshop and training topics:
- Burnout, Vicarious Trauma, and Professional Stress
- Introduction to Art Therapy for Mental Health Professionals
- Drama Therapy 101
- Action Methods and Video Techniques for Adolescent Engagement
- The Stages of Drawing Development (for parents and clinicians)
- LGBTQ - Essential Basics for Responsible Clinicians
- Introduction to Art Materials
- "Learn from our Mistakes" Private Practice Building Workshops
- The role of money in the clinical relationship
- Clinical art therapy with adolescents
- Clinical art therapy with survivors of relational trauma (sexual abuse or physical-emotional abuse)
When teaching techniques or methods of incorporating creative arts therapies into clinical practice we adhere to the American Art Therapy Association (AATA) Guidelines, Ethical Principles, Section 8.6 which states: "When providing training and/or supervision to non-art therapists, art therapists take precautions to ensure that trainees understand the nature, objectives, expectations, limitations, and resulting qualifications of the supervision and/or training as distinct from formal studies in art therapy."
Karen Mulcahy, NY