Parenting Tune-Up. Music Therapy, and Mindfulness
2019 Creative Therapy Groups
Parenting Tune-Up! Six week workshop.
Tuesdays 7:15-8:45 •
Next session begins in May 14, 2019.
Fine-tune your parenting skills and reduce burnout in your family's life with this supportive and didactic group that will help you tap into proven strategies from play therapy and Parent-Child therapies. (For parents only)
Morning Mindfulness Art Therapy Group
Begins February 19
Start your day in a calm space, making art and practicing mindfulness as a form of self-care and relaxation.
Self-Care Art Therapy Group for Women
Begins February 12
This ongoing, weekly Art Therapy Group will introduce you to the basic concepts of art therapy with a different project and art material each week.
Therapeutic Improv for Adults in Williamsburg
Monday Evening Group 7-8:30pm
It's not about being funny, it's about being free. Combine improvisation and acting to create a supportive and nonjudgmental space for personal development.
Professional Trainings for Therapists
New York Creative Arts Therapists, PLLC, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed Social Workers, Creative Arts Therapists, and Mental Health Counselors We are also an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events (or programs) that meet NBCC requirements. Sessions (or programs) for which NBCC-approved clock hours will be awarded are identified on our website. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. Learn more about at nbcc.org
To learn more about offering an custom training or workshop at your agency please contact us by e-mail.
What makes our professional trainings different?
We combine hands-on creative activities with best-practice therapy techniques to enhance learning and treatment. In other words: we make it fun, informative, and maybe even self-revelatory.
- We provide practical information that you can immediately use in your clinical practice.
- Interactive, creative learning approach.
- Lots of nuts and bolts information without any dry boring lectures.
- Small group format (max of 8-10 participants)
- Expert presenters from different practice models.
- CE credits. All the hours count. No filler.
We are always looking for new ideas:
We have the resources and the motivation to add new workshops. If there is something you'd like to learn more about, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll listen. And if our therapists aren't experts on the topic, we'll find someone who is and make it happen.
Typical workshop and training topics:
- Burnout, Vicarious Trauma, and Professional Stress
- Introduction to Art Therapy for Mental Health Professionals
- Drama Therapy 101
- Action Methods and Video Techniques for Adolescent Engagement
- The Stages of Drawing Development (for parents and clinicians)
- LGBTQ - Essential Basics for Responsible Clinicians
- Introduction to Art Materials
- "Learn from our Mistakes" Private Practice Building Workshops
- The role of money in the clinical relationship
- Clinical art therapy with adolescents
- Clinical art therapy with survivors of relational trauma (sexual abuse or physical-emotional abuse)
When teaching techniques or methods of incorporating creative arts therapies into clinical practice we adhere to the American Art Therapy Association (AATA) Guidelines, Ethical Principles, Section 8.6 which states: "When providing training and/or supervision to non-art therapists, art therapists take precautions to ensure that trainees understand the nature, objectives, expectations, limitations, and resulting qualifications of the supervision and/or training as distinct from formal studies in art therapy."
Click a title below for more details.
Karen Mulcahy, NY