Answering your questions about insurance and mental health.
We are in-network providers with Cigna, Fidelis, Healthfirst, and Medicare. We currently have a waitlist for new Fidelis patients seeking individual therapy.
The following insurances are accepted for Group Therapy: Cigna, Fidelis, Healthfirst, and Medicare, Emblem/NYSHIP, Beacon, ValueOptions, GHI, and MVP.
We encourage you to check your benefits before your first session to confirm your deductible, co-pay and/or co-insurance amounts, as these vary depending on your plan.
Out-of-network behavioral health benefits: Not all plans allow out-of-network benefits. If your plan does, your carrier typically reimburse between 40-70% of our fee. You may also have a high deductible, which means you will have to pay up to a certain amount of your services before your plan starts covering some of the cost. If you plan to try for reimbursement, we can submit a claim to your insurance for you. However you will still be required to pay for the full amount of our fee of $200 at the time of service.
Out of network plans that will reimburse for our services include:
-Aetna/Aetna Student Health
-CHP/ Consolidated Health Plans
-Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
DISCLAIMER: Because of the changing nature of Health Insurance, we cannot guarantee outcomes with your insurance coverage. We do our best to stay up-to-date on healthcare changes, and update this page frequently to reflect current standards. Please check your coverage with your insurance so you know what to expect. This page was last updated on 4/3/2018.
Here are some helpful questions to ask your insurance provider before your first session:
- Does my plan have out-of-network benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If yes, how much is it? Have I met any portion of my deductible with other medical expenses this year?
- Is there a limit on the number of "outpatient" mental health or psychotherapy sessions I am entitled to per year?
- Does my plan require pre-authorization or a referral from an MD or Primary Care Physician?
- What amount of the psychotherapy (CPT 90834 or 90837) fee will be reimbursed?
- Is my coverage different for biological vs. non-biological conditions?
- Do you require an LCSW-R, PhD, or MD level practice license?